I have purchased one HF ratchet, a stubby 3/8” drive that was one of their
“high end” or more expensive models. It lasted maybe six months, used possibly
10-12 times, none of which stressed it significantly, it was used to spin off
fasteners in areas with limited space, like the top bolt on motor mounts, after
they had been broken loose.

The reverse lever has failed in that it doesn’t select the direction, you have
to fiddle with it and maybe it will do the job, and the ratcheting action is
sloppy as heck. No doubt internal failures, but I’m not buying another.

-D