Subrogation is a wonderful thing in a case like this.  I’ve had two situations
where the person who cause the accident’s insurer refused to communicate, for
whatever reason I have no idea. In both cases I covered the deductible, and in
both cases I got reimbursed after 4-6 months when my insurer went after their
insurance company.

I was confident that I would in both cases, as they were clearly the fault of
the other driver.

-D