My response: Can't say a lot about investing time in working on it, as I am
pretty inept. But can say some about investing money in it. I think we
decide what we want in an automobile, and thus what type we want. We all
have our reasons for deciding on Mercedes, but we did decide on them. It's
kind of like specific dog breeds - especially more specialized ones - people
don't often wind up with one by accident. You have to WANT a Doberman - MUCH
more trouble to own than an old Mercedes.

The passion level varies greatly - from the "it's a nice car to have" to the
"you said what about Mother Mercedes? Them's fightin' words."

My Dad says that if you like a car, you like it - doesn't matter how good it
is. You have decided to like it.

I like the 123s (wife and I were just discussing this tonight as we walked
the pooches) because it fills my need to be just a bit less predictable than
the rest of the drivers out there. I need to be a bit different. It's not
that they are rare - especially in CA, OR, WA, etc. But they just have
character, and they are not the same thing that you're likely to see three
or four times on your commute every day.

I could list several other reasons, but suffice to say it's worth it to me.

Then again, I don't spend as much time, effort and money on it as many
listers do.

It just fulfills the need for an auto that's pleasing to me.

Brian
83 240D