John Berryman wrote:
I often think about whether or not all the time and effort we put into these cars is worth it. There surely is no money to made by buying and selling them unless the price is ridiculously low at the time of purchase. I don't collect them I do drive them and will never purchase a new car. I have made money disassembling them and selling the parts. For some (myself included) it is a hobby and I at least save money and get my money's worth out of each and every one of them. I have way too many cars right now and will be thinning out the herd by selling off a couple of wagons. Please don't ask for any info at this time as I am not prepared to give details. The reason why I am writing this message is to see what others opinions and experiences are and how you all feel about the time and effort spent working on these cars as well as the time we all spend sharing tips and tricks, sources for parts and information etc. So let's hear it folks.

Johnny B., I bought my first Mercedes after my wife and son were killed in an auto accident in 1963. Following a lot of research I found Mercedes to be the safest car made (with Saab and Volvo close). Pound for pound it still is, although a few models of other cars have achieved similar safety standards.

Worth the effort? That all depends on what your life or that of those you love is worth?

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)