Ok, pressures are all relative, you really need to know low and high side
pressures to get a full picture of what's happening.  Also need to have an
idea of the ambient temperature. The temperature/pressure chart at
www.aircondition.com can help there.  Also, it sounds like you perhaps do
not have a set of manifold gauges?  Mandatory for A/C work, Harbor Freight
sells a set for $50 or a bit less on sale.

An easy way to cheat is to monitor your center vent temperature.  I like to
watch the temperature as I add refrigerant, and of course quit when the
temperature stops going down.  You want to watch that especially with R134,
because I thought that 2.2 pounds was the weight for R12. R134 should be
around 25% less...

Tjohn
82 300 SD 230K