Thx Scott,
    If I want to install a SSD, is it a straight swap the existing HDD with a SDD?  Also, is 1TB on a SDD the same as 1TB on a HDD? Sound like a stupid question I know, but...?

    Thx,
Larry

On 12/27/2019 7:34 PM, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes wrote:
In my experience, a SSD is the easiest way to speed up a PC,

I had 3 PCs (2 notebooks and a desktop) still running Win 7.  The desktop and
one (newer) notebook upgraded to Win 10 just fine.  The older notebook was
incompatible in some way and defaulted back to Win 7 (and still runs fine in 7).

I'd recommend trying the free Win 10 upgrade.  Worst case it goes back to Win
7.  Without security fixes, orphan Win 7 systems may (or may not) become a
serious security problem in the future.   Why take the chance?

You may (like me) dislike the Win 10 start menu.  If that's the case, try "Classic
Shell" which provides a (customizable) Win 7-like start menu.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of
Larry Turner via Mercedes
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2019 4:54 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Larry Turner <l02tur...@comcast.net>
Subject: [MBZ] OT - Win10 Va Win 7

Running an older Lenovo desktop with Win 7.  Saw the thread about
downloading W10 for free and thought I've give it a shot.  But I was wondering
if the sluggishness my Win7 is experiencing would be helped in any way or am I
just wasting time.  It has a 2TB HDD  but the processor should probably be
upgraded.  Anyway, suggestions?

LarryT
06 E350