It means that in Florida if you’re net metering (selling unused power back to
the utility) that if the utility goes offline, so does your solar array.

Unless - you have local storage as in a battery bank. If you don’t have local
storage, your inverter is shut down when the utility goes dark.

This surprised many owners who didn’t do their due diligence researching how
these systems work when hurricanes or outages occur. They thought they would
just keep cruising along on their solar system when the utility went down.
Nope! When the utility fails your system goes offline.

So now you have a roof full of PV panels making electricity you can’t use.

This is only one of the batsh*t crazy laws regarding solar systems we have in
this state courtesy of the utilities, who own our legislature.

-D