Yes, I believe the exhaust is stainless and therefore should have been welded
with stainless wire or ideally tig welded. That being said, I have mig welded
stainless exhausts with non stainless wire and the results were beautiful so I
do believe the problem here was due to  complete incompetence on the part of
the welder (the person operating the welding machine that is).

Sent from my iPhone