Well, I didn't realize mine were dying quickly or had been dying or what not
and 4 out of 5 were bad when I did mine last fall.(it still started, but it
was about 15 seconds of cranking to get it to start at around 35F)  And I've
heard it recommended to just do all 5 at the same time.  I didn't, and
hadn't driven at all this winter, and the 5th one died a month ago.

The price is what gets me.  That's probably in line with what Mercedes
charges, but those plugs are about $50 for all 5, and it's maybe an hour if
you take your time to change them.  It's just unscrew one, screw in the new
one.  They're just a bit ackward to get at.

Levi