On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:18:35 -0400 "archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My next door neighbor, a widow, wants to transfer her data from an old
Mac to a new PC.  I have external harddrives big enough for the
transfer.  Can someone suggest a program or method by which this can be
done?
Gerry,

Are the external hard disks USB or Firewire, or something else?

The external hard disks are USB.

> You first want to see if you can connect the external hard disks to both
computers and see if they can be recognized. If that's the case, you can
use the respective operating systems to copy her files onto and then off
of the hard disks (drag and drop, or whatever).
> Craig
Thanks,
Gerry