I went to look at this dead car. Looked nice except for hood clear coat was
gone. Interior nice. I lift up the ashtray door and see this panel with a temp
gauge and a big switch that says VEG OIL. WTF.

I look in the trunk and there’s a tank and plumbing, heating lines or
something. I ask the woman she says they added the veg oil thing in like 2005.
Collected and filtered restaurant oil and used that. I suggested this was why
the car was dead. She said some mech replaced the injectors but it’s still no
go. I suggested this was why the engine was dead, maybe the injection pump or
whatever. It's dead, Jim.

I offered $300 thinking I could put the smashed car engine in this car and have
another nice E300. It’s not a turbo and the veg stuff would have to go so I
guess that would be some challenge.

She said someone else was coming to look at it so declined my offer but has my
info.

I picked up the 99 E300 today, battery needs to be charged. Will see what the
story is with it. I hate the white/beige.

--FT
Sent from iPhone