I was told under 26,000 GVW, you didn't need CDL, but anything over 26,000 lb you had to have one.  Exception for camper trailers and motor homes (and school buses).   But if it looked like a commercial truck you'd better have a CDL and follow the rules.   Has this changed or was I told wrong?

Regardless of the rules, 20 yrs ago, if it looked like a truck, the Bluejackets would give you a ticket (over 26,000 GVW)   It was up to you to spend the time and money to try to convince a judge the bluejacket was wrong.

fmiser via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 29, 2020 at 12:48 PM