I also had a not-fun night last night. I took Buster the dog out for a walk
around 4pm. I figured with rabbit season still on I'd tote the 20ga single.
Somewhere a couple years ago Buster developed a severe fear of guns but this
one folds in the middle so he doesn't seem to recognize it. He also doesn't
seem to mind if I tote the over/under to jump shoot ducks but he'll freak if I
shoot a bb gun in the backyard. Weird...
Anyway we walked down the snowmobile trail (no snow) for awhile and I popped
into the woods to scout a spot. I whistled to get his attention, he looked at
me, and I was never more than 20 yards from the road. When I came out he was
gone. I could follow his tracks to a point near where I came back to the road
but they just stopped. He must have gotten on some harder ground or ice.I
yelled and whistled for 10 or 15 minutes and figured I'd go get the truck.
He'll come to the truck right? Except he didn't. I spent another hour until it
was getting dark and cold. I went home and got a coat and lights. Eventually I
got Angie too. We stayed out until midnight. Google says I covered 7 miles on
foot. Never found him.

Today I had to jump on a plane for LA, up at 4:15am, out of the house at 5. Got
a call from the PD at 7:50 that they'd found him. I gave them Angie's number
(which I had done last night too) and they closed the cabin door. What a gift
before a long flight.
Still haven't been able to sleep much on the plane...
-Curt

    On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 7:57:49 AM EST, dan--- via Mercedes