Auction ended yesterday with me on top at $675. I then received a counter offer
for $1025 or whatever it was. I simply clicked stay at my bid. Fast forward to
today. I drove to Little Rock for my work trip and stopped along the way to
look at the car. It was cold and sprinkling and I found the car. It was
basically parked with a huge mud hole around it but I was able to get in and
look interior is very clean except the drivers seat has a couple of tears in
the leather. This is the first time I have seen these sort of seats in person.
Evidentially this style has Tex on the sides with leather in the middle. Data
card calls it Tex leather. All of the parts including head, turbo etc are in
the trunk. All of the bolts and screws are in ziplock bags and labeled. Head
looks good and crack free. Has all new glows plugs in all but #1 which has an
easy out sticking out of it. So we figured out the problem. I don’t know if the
easy out is stuck or not. I thought with the head off a broke off plug is easy
to remove. Maybe not. I could not get the hood open. It felt like it was popped
but would not release. Since the photos show the under hood it has to open
somehow. I wanted to see what the cylinders looked like.

About an hour ago I checked into the Embassy Suites here in Little Rock. A few
minutes later I get an alert that I won the auction. CRAP. Why could that have
not happened yesterday so I could have brought the trailer. I guess now this
broke glow plug is my problem. The car does appear to be nice though. I guess
I’m going to have to make another trip.  Very inconvenient

Sent from my iPhone