> Randy wrote:

> First off, how could they be a profitable farm for generations
> growing hay and alfalfa on only 24 acres?

Profitable?  Maybe.  Make a living - no.  Alfalfa has a good
market for those with horses, but not _that_ good so far as I can
tell.

> Then they say that tomatoes and peppers will grow better with
> shade.

There are plants that do best with open shade.  None of the
tomatoes that I know of will.  I don't know about peppers, but
they are the same plant family...

> They suggest these folks are going to make money on a 5 acre...

> They also talk about using small tractors and hand picking the
> produce. That doesn't sound all that efficient to me.

It is the best way to get top quality product.  And with only 5
acres it's possible.  But it is not efficient.

> Do they make a Prius tractor yet?

Yes!  And the front wheels are extra small so it is going downhill
all the time!  It makes the battery last longer!!