I have 2 heavy Delco generators I need to fix up and sell.   THe youboob gurus show 3 multimeter tests for the armature.
1.  Each commutator segment to shaft (short to ground)
2. each commutator segment to the adjoining one.  (Consistent resistance, not 0 or infinity) 3. Commutator segments opposite each other.   (Consistent resistance, not 0 or infinity)

The one I am working on passes these tests.

What nobody tells me is if it is normal to have low ohm continuity from any commutator segment to any other commutator segment.   I'm hoping somebody here knows.

I was lucky for so many years to have a dependable, reasonable and reliable auto electric shop where I could just take stuff in and get it rebuilt as needed.   Since those guys are long gone, I need to Figger it out now.   I guess this is normal but would like confirmation.   FLAPS sez they can't test the generators because they are 6v.   (numbers not in their computerized tester...)  I know in the old days the shop would test armatures with a growler, but since I don't have one, I am doing the ohmmeter tests.

There is one auto electric shop here, but they charge more than the price of Bosch reman, so they are only for emergency situations.