This virus spreads as easily as the flu, I think, or a common cold.  Gonna be a
huge problem since we slept through the initial latency period pretending it
wasn't gonna be bad.

What can I say, epidemiologist have been trying to persuade politiciians for at
least 30 years that we are due for a big epidemic, either a nasty flu (ten
years overdue on that one) or a novel thing like the corona virus.

Three percent death rate and say 10% severe enough to require hospitalization
is gonna be a HUGE problem -- 10 million extra patients will flatten our health
care system, to say nothing of the fact that nearly all our medical supplies
now come from a country that can only prevent a health care disaster by
shutting down whole cities.....

I guess we will "discover" global warming when south florida ends 50 miles
south of Orlando.....