What he said, but remember, the later the model, the better it will be.

I have an ML500 W163, and while it sucks as far as economy, it’s a very capable
truck. The ML320s have the M112, an excellent engine, but due to all of the
drive train crap they don’t do well mileage-wise. Mid teens is typical for a
mixed city/highway cycle.

Plastics in these are lousy, which will be accentuated in your neck of the
woods due to the amount of solar radiation you get.

-D