Typical, let the feds run it and it takes too long, is too expensive, and
in the end doesn't even work right.

Maybe one good outcome of this 'crisis' is a dramatic change in law and
regulation to unshackle private enterprises for producing such tests.  If I
were Prez, I'd try to ram that through Congress right now, before they
start the next round of impeachment hearings.  Could probably save a bit of
money in the federal budget by eliminating whichever office is responsible
for this screw-up.

Max
Charleston SC