This hit really close to home:

Youngest boy comes home from work last night, looking a bit peaked and feeling
poorly, said he had a fever. Hmm. Not good. Checks his temperature, sure
enough, he’s got a mild fever. Says his gut has been a mess as the day went on,
with his lower GI going berserk.

Mom was kind enough to bring something like this into the house recently, which
I’ve been dealing with as well. No fever, but definitely tearing up the lower
GI. Nothing, I mean nothing, has affected the symptoms. Yogurt, cheese,
anything that would normally slow or stop things up has absolutely no effect.

So anyway, once we hear the symptoms we breathe a sigh of relief and send him
off to his room.

About an hour later, he comes out to me at the computer and he’s all worked up.
Seems that he shared his concerns about his symptoms/health with a coworker
that day. The coworker, a poorly educated rural Bubba type, goes home and tells
his equally clueless wife. She has a major meltdown and calls a County
commissioner, at home, and rants about the employees spreading CV19 all over
the place and the County doing nothing to prevent it.

So now youngest son is like the chicken that got caught in the tractor’s nuts,
to quote Slim Pickens.

I tell him to not worry, he’s not going to lose his job, and that with everyone
on edge this is just one of what will probably be many meltdowns that will
occur over the next few weeks. Hardly calming, but at this point there’s not a
lot he can do. He was planning on going to the doctor this morning to get
checked out anyway.

So he goes to the doctor this morning. Stomach bug, doc tells him. No cure, it
has to run it’s course. He gets a “get out of jail free” statement from the doc
and sends it to his supervisor so he can return to work tomorrow.

Crisis averted. Oy.

-D