Marshall Booth wrote:
12.5 liters to completely drain and refill the cooling system and heater core of an OM617.95 engined 123 or 126. That's 3.3 gallons. Most other Mercedes diesels use less.

Hmm...I might as well just drain and refill the whole system, then. I have no idea how long that stuff's been in there, so it should be changed anyway, and draining it all out the bottom before I start will minimize spillage when I open the thermostat housing.

I wouldn't have asked at all except for a minor brain fart. For some reason I'd misread the capacity given in the manual as 12.5 *gallons*, which is way more than I wanted to deal with, but in hindsight there's just no way it could hold that much. ;)

David Brodbeck
'83 300D Turbo