Ha. So the capacitors would need an inverter. Maybe these guys can help
out: https://www.phasetechnologies.com/products/phase-perfect

I guess I was thinking about those guys who use supercapacitors in parallel
with a smaller car or truck battery.

I have a big blue box on the feed to my 5hp compressor that seems to
magnetize or something when the compressor starts. Always assumed it was to
soften the current draw. Between the plug and the motor. I just wired it up
per the diagram and screwed the enclosure to the wall.