I think the main thing it gets you these days it the ability to select the economy plus seats if available at check in to get extra leg room.

On 5/4/2020 7:50 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
I was Platinum on Northwest for seven years straight. It sucked when I stopped
traveling for business, as I had forgotten what it was like to fly in coach.

Road warriors I talk to today say that upgrades are nearly impossible to get in
the present day mileage programs. Why bother unless you get upgrades or access
to the lounges?

-D

On May 4, 2020, at 6:37 PM, Allan Streib via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>