My understanding it that all the masking is DISPOSABLE, like supposed to be
single use, not constant use.  Unless somebody has a massive stockpile of mask
in a box, they are re-using a polluted scrap of cloth, multiple times a day,
that has gathered the toxic waste products of the distanced people within ten
feet of them.

That can not be healthy.

I can see washing the dust out of your bandana, cowboy.  But paper filled mask,
made at home from your convenient local coffee filter is not likely to hold up.
 Maybe the all cloth mask should be baked in an autoclave.  Just for safety
sake.  That could be the Next Big Thing, a home autoclave for all the mandated
sanitation of articles of public contact.

Not sure about the rest of the people, but doing demolition, construction
projects and insulation insertion, I find that a mask is good for about 30
minutes of protection, then needs replacement.

clay

I have no pronouns please do not refer to me.