You want fun flying (and I’ve done the DCA approach many times, too) you should
fly the former Reeve Aleutia 727s that were configured half cargo, half people
that were flown all over AK for decades.

First time I flew into Adak I was chatting with crew on the tarmac while we
were waiting for the sniffer dogs to check our bags, and I asked the first
officer if we were close to flying against minimums, as we landed in a very
thick fog.

“Minimums? There are no minimums out here, buddy.”

Some serious seat of the pants flying out there.

-D