I read somewhere that the Spanish Flu originated in Kansas ... Spain was
neutral at the time, so published news about the flu which warring
countries did not for moral reasons, and others.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 6:53 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

>  Which was interesting because referring to pandemics by their country of
> origin is very common, witness the Spanish Flu of 1918...
> -Curt
>
>     On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 7:01:35 PM EDT, Mitch Haley via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>  Political science, AKA backlash against idiots claiming it was racist to
> call it anything indicating its Chinese origins.
> Mitch.
>
> On Tue, June 16, 2020 5:55 pm, Dwight Giles via Mercedes wrote:
> > This is helpful
> > Is there a scientific reason why you refer to it as Wuhan Red Death?

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!