I have this hell of a nice 99 e300 with about 196k on it, leather seats etc
that I bought a couple of years ago. It was stuck in 1st and I originally
replaced the conductor plate but that didn’t cure it. Long story short I pulled
a valve body out of a later 02 or 03 ML500 and now it shifts great. Next things
it needed was tires and AC. Front tires are brand new Barium or something like
that. Back are worn out. The whole time I could have sworn the ac compressor
was locked up and was plan on on that job. I checked it the other day and
managed to turn the clutch. Might not have tried hard enough before or didn’t
have a good angle to get a good grib. Threw the ac machine on it and recovered
a very small amount of refrigerant. Vaccumed it down and it passed the leak
test. Charged it up and it cools great. I used my sniff tester and could find
no leaks. Now just need to replace a couple of tires and it will be ready to
hit the road. It’s a wonder I procrastinate on projects for so long.

Sent from my iPhone