Yeah it's like these 210s (or even 163s) I have bought for $500 or $600 -- nice cars with some issues, nothing particularly challenging to fix unless you are paying some jackleg mechanic to diagnose and throw parts at it, in which case your costs will rapidly exceed the value of the car because of the reputations and nobody wanting to fool with them.  So these folks buy them figuring they are going to get a deal then some nanny or $100 part craps out, they don't want to deal with it so the car sits and goes to hell and becomes near-scrap.

I guess Merkun and Jap cars are easier to deal with, or more reliable or something, or at least that is the perception.  It works to our advantage if we want to fool with them.

--FT