<<Mega crash is certainly appropriate. I wonder what caused him to lose
control. You can see in the fourth picture that he was driving along a
straight road and then swerved to the right. It looks like he was already
spinning long before he crossed the merge lane.>>

First, it's her, not him. You notice the bandaged female and two others, one
sitting on the ground in one photo. The rear seatbacks are up because that
area was occupied. The interesting thing is that only the car ends are
literally
shredded but the cabin is almost unbent, except fot the cowl coming back
slightly and popping up the hardtop a little in front. And it took a hell of a
force to yank the engine out and jam the left front wheel and strut under the
guard rail without the tire. It's a 996 Cabrio which came with two tops.
Luckily
the car didn't flip.

I've seen skidmarks just like this at the track and they always end up the
same way. Very high speed followed by inappropriate   braking or a lane change.
Of course, a deserted section of autobahn is tempting. And just because one
has the money to buy a fast car doesn't mean the skill and judgement comes with
it. In Seattle we call it the Microsoft syndrome.

And, I'm speaking from 25 years experience as an instructor in PCA's Driver
Ed program.

RLE