So after the renters moved out I’m getting the house ready for the next renters
that are supposed to move in on the 15th. Lots of damage from dogs. Will never
allow pets again. They destroyed the new carpet we just put in before they
moved in. Of bigger concern was an area of cracked tile in the utility room.
Discovered floor was soft. Pulled it out and an area of about 2 feet by 1.5
feet or the area between to floor joists was rotted out. This is strange
because there are no water sources in the area. After cutting out the bad
section got under the house to discover more rot. It extends further toward and
under an adjoining wall and closet. The copper lines from from outside the
house to the ac unit then right up thru the floor/wall in this area to the
attic. No insulation is on the pipes. Area is very moist and the crap particle
board they used for sub flooring just soaked up the moisture. Shouldn’t these
be insulated all the way to the unit? I’m thinking maybe the pipe sweating over
the years has rotten this out. The floor joists can probably still be used but
do have some soft spots starting at the bottoms. I’m going to have to figure
out why this area is getting wet then decide if I can even fix it. About all I
could do is replace the area of the floor that gets traffic but it would still
be rotted out under that wall and into the closet. Fortunately the closed has a
floor built up off the main floor as it is a pantry. The idiots who built the
house have the ac drain pipe running down this walk in question and drains into
a sewer pipe under the closet area. Drain pipe comes out of the wall across the
subfloor of the closet then down to the sewer pipe. That is why the 2nd floor
is built up from the main sub floor to allow the pipe to pass. Why they didn’t
just run it straight down to the crawl space then outside I have no clue. I’m
sick of messing with this house and about ready to just dump it for whatever I
can get or let the bank have it.

Sent from my iPhone