Jim Cathey wrote:

The 10W bulb in the lid is plenty bright enough, what bothers me is
the deep shadow in the back.  I've thought about putting another 10W
bulb in the center ceiling of the trunk opening to light up that
underneath part.  I have done the same thing in the front footwells
of the SDL.  (The stock lights are OK when the doors are closed, but
when open the footwells were very dark.  Not now.)

Or you could stop using the trunk (or even the car) after dark!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)