There is a kid on various fakebook groups who supposedly has some sort of business making hood stacks for morons who want to cut a hole in their hood.  I think he also sells used parts.  Lems or something like that.  I noticed a post on some group about parting out a 240D.  Pics looked like the car was fairly straight and rust free, looked decent.  I asked him why it was being parted out, here is his response:

"Just too many little issues to make it worth the while. I also really want to tear an entire car down and learn about everything. I also need parts for my 81 240D with a manual trans and good running 616. It needs a fender, door, seats, misc trim and a few more."

He can't find a rusty or wrecked car to tear down to "learn about everything"?