From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 9:03 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List; Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Antenna Question + a little story

On my 300SE the Boston Vandals broke off my antennae when my kid had the
habit of turning off the power button and it remained sticking up ....
get this ... TWICE. I replaced it with factory antennaes the first time.
After that I put one of those antennaes with the big chrome spring at
the bottom. The broke it off again which I thought was impossible (and
hey. I don't have any enemies - at least not the kind that would break
off my car antennae when I'm sleeping.)
So after the 2nd hit, I went to a local wrench store and bought a $10
single shaft antennae (the kind with the nut on the bottom that you put
on the front fender of you pickup) - and a pair of vice grips (didn't
have any tools with me) - Went back out to the parking lot, took the
vice-grips and bent it back and forth about 500 fucking times to break
the fat part off - shaped it a little with the flat part of the vice
grips and stuck it into the goddamned hole. Oh yeah - then I thought it
might rain in the hole because the fit wasn't all that great. So I went
back in the wrench store and bought a tube of goo and squeezed it down
into the openings and smeared around it a little. Looks a little mad-max
but I don't mind. That was a year ago and the blaupunkt still receives
and plays fine. If they break off another one, I can replace it for 10
bucks (I won't have to buy another vice grips, but I'll have to buy
another tube of goo). Les Boston