Sounds nasty.  What kind of texture goes on walls?  I would just skimcoat over it all and start fresh if it has nasty mess on it like that

--FT

On 9/5/20 2:25 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
I’d rather do floors than paint, which is what I”m doing today to avoid going
outside.

Our back (pool) bath was used by the PO’s daughter when she was a teenager.
It’s pained (badly) in some weird “seafoam” color with (get ready) glitter
glued on the walls using a stencil. That is, think about putting a stenciled
design about 8” x 8” randomly all over the walls. With the stencing taped to
the wall, you wipe white glue and over it and then toss a handful of glitter at
it, then lift the stencil off and let things dry. At least that’s how I think
they did what’s there.

We probably spent a couple hours using drywall compound sanding sheets, the
open weave sort of stuff, to level off the drywall and get as much of the glue
off the walls without damaging the drywall. Then I went over every one of them
with a couple of coats of Kilz, then hit each with spray texture to match the
original texture.  I will say that the cans of spray texture, while not cheap,
do a heck of a job blending things once you get the hang of it.

So now I’m having to paint the walls. Finally. The last room of the house
(besides the kitchen) that needed paint.

Beats going outside, though.

-D

On Sep 5, 2020, at 1:36 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>