On Tue, September 8, 2020 6:15 pm, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes wrote:

> How will you get insurance on an out-of-state registration?  I think my
> company (Allstate) might get cross-wise of the SC DMV but maybe not.  My
> agent messed up sending proof of coverage to the DMV on this wagon, the
> DMV tried to ding me so the agent got them happy over it.  So maybe only
>  the DMV check insurance, the agent/company don't care about registration
>  as long as they are getting their premium.

If you have a SC plate without the insurance company putting your SC
insurance in the SC database, SC DMV gets upset. Michigan too.
Winter of 2019 I got a bunch of letters demanding I have my insurance
company send them proof of coverage as of the day I bought my plates for
the year.

My agent faxed them the requested info, I got letters reinstating all but
one of my plates. I had my agent verify that plate, SoS worker faxed back
that all my plates were good, and then when my birthday came around I
didn't get a renewal notice for that car. Had to wait in line for two
hours to fix that one, totally of their own creation. The Saturn not only
had a false revoked plate on it, I wasn't allowed to buy another plate
because the previous one was 'revoked' by a woman who later lied about it
being revoked.

Does DMV get upset if you're in the insurance part of the database without
a valid SC registration?