So I worked a deal with a friend to buy a 5+ acre property on Wadmalaw Island, they are tired of dealing with, paying mowing and taxes and such.  <60% of what they bought it for in 2006 at the heat of the market.  Just going to be a friendly deal, "pay what you want every month, we'll set up an agreement"  kind of a rent/lease-to-buy sort of thing.  I can swing that now until I sell my current vast estate.  Wadmalaw is much more rural, minimal development over there, next island over.  Exact same distance to that property from Town and wherever as to the current vast estate.  It's half forest and half cleared with grass now (PITA to keep mowed, would be better as a big gardens area and a shop barn) so some of each.  One neighbor has a horse and goat they let wander in their front yard to keep it mowed down.

When I sell the current vast estate I can then buy it outright and have a pile of cash left to build a big shop/barn and some sort of dwelling unit.  I guess I should get the vast estate buffed up now, although with lower interest rates I could refi again and cut my payment by like 20%, or take out some cash to put into the new less-vast estate.  I should do that soon as the Yankees are coming down here with cash money paying premiums to escape their NE hellholes now.  Interesting times...

--
--FT (Real Estate and Benz Baron)