OK Don wrote:
Speaking of solar power - has anyone used one of the solar cell
battery trickle chargers, like come with new VWs, and are all over
eBay - http://tinyurl.com/kw64s ???
Having more cars than drivers at the moment, I'm thinking they might
be a good idea. Easier than hauling out the A/C powered trickle
charger all the time.

I've got one. It never seemed to help much for me, but I think the problem is that the sun doesn't shine much during Michigan winters. In sunnier climes they'd probably work better. I've heard VW started putting these in new cars so that the batteries wouldn't go dead while they were in storage lots.

David Brodbeck
'83 300D Turbo