The older pumps were designed to shut down and lock out if they ran too long
(e.g. a leak) so they wouldn't burn out or run down the battery.  Common leak
points are the diaphragms in the pods the soft rubber Ts and Xs that connect
the hard tubes, and the vacuum reservoir.  Recommend you research your pump to
see if it has a reset and check fuses.