Actually Friday but I've been busyhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/Uc6rSb8gJhGRDjLb8
You might remember the gun auction I watched a couple weeks ago. This is one of
two things I bought, the other is modern and needs to come through the FFL
process.It was sold as a "Fusil de Chasse or "Gun of the hunt" which I'm pretty
sure it isn't. The French guns had a severe drop to the heel of the stock that
this doesn't have, they also only had one barrel ring, this has
two.https://photos.app.goo.gl/4Phaxgt4P49csf468
The "Lott" lock doesn't have a great reputation but this one sparks
nice:https://photos.app.goo.gl/hemQyqZy5G8rgcsz7
I *think* its actually an English Trade gun kit from Track of the Wolf. I paid
about $200 less than the kit would be and this one is already assembled so I
feel pretty good about it. I'm debating putting some finish on the barrel and
if I should polish the machining marks off of it.
Its .62 caliber/20ga so I ordered some .600 round balls and 20ga wads to shoot
out of it. The balls are undersized to accommodate cloth patching which will
make them tight to the bore and easier to load. I'd like to take this hunting
some during deer season. With no rear sight or rifling I'll want to be real
close but after last fall's deer (30 feet) I don't see that as a real problem...
-Curt