I was at a trade show of some sort once, this well-dressed, well-spoken guy comes up to me and engages in a conversation, seemed pretty smart and interested in whatever I was flogging at the time.  After a few minutes he says he needs to go look at other stuff but could I take a look at this stack of papers he pulls from his satchel then get back to him on how to proceed.  I say sure, he hands me the papers and walks off.

I had a slow time so I started reading this stuff.  It was several pages of well-written nonsense, single-spaced, no paragraph breaks, something about atomic energy if I recall. Stuff like this.  Guy stops by a bit later and wants to engage on my thoughts on his report, was very persistent.  I guess I was the only person to talk with him.  He got annoying so finally I had to tell him I couldn't talk anymore, he got pretty agitated but finally left.  It was weird, I guess he was total schizo.  Kinda said too as the guy was clearly pretty smart but just batsh*t crazy.

--FT