I don't remember for sure, I think it was $1 "and other value
considerations".We actually inherited but Reg wasn't dead yet. The fear was
that he would need years in a nursing home and the land would get taken by the
state and sold at auction. Dad and I were the only ones in the family who both
wanted the place and had the resources to keep it.
The tax value on the 70 acres with the camp is about $40k but remember we don't
have any road frontage although there is deeded access, and we don't have
electricity (well, not grid power) or running water.
The other 15 acres sits right on the river, a good spot for a house but you'd
need to build the foundation bottom and existing grade and fill in around the
house to meet flood code. I think that parcel is valued at $20k or so. Or it
was anyway, news reports say people are "flooding into Arostook county" to
escape the COVID. I suspect after their first winter they'll flood back.

-Curt

    On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 8:29:17 PM EDT, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 Just out of curiosity how much did you have to pay for this vast estate back
in the day, if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone