I am needing a desktop replacement, maybe, for life in GWN.  Being in a small
house, locked away due to WRD, portable would be better, as there is no
chamber/room to actually set up my Mac Pro.

Currently I depend upon a 2009 macbook that is getting long in the tooth.
Hardware in SEA, yet to arrive here is the MP 3,1 loaded out with 4-2GB drives,
32GB ram, dual Xeon 3.2.  This is the homebase unit with all data
(photo/video/audio) and pairing of devices.  There is a time machine hdd as
well as some external drives (firewire).   Other unit is a mid 2010 mac mini
fully outfitted and time machine unit as well, that hooked to the old 52” TV.

Should I really be looking at the current crop of hardware, be it Mac Pro or
MBP 16?  Cost and lack of optical drive/upgrade path deter going for either.
Retina models were a quality quagmire, which leaves the mid 2012 MBP.  Not sure
the soda can MP solves anything.

Chime in please

clay

“I think it’s time we stopped  our cringing embarrassment about our history,
about our traditions, and about our culture, and we stop this general bout of
self-recrimination and wetness.”

B. Johnson
01/09/2020