On the other hand, all my Diesel Mercedes are perfectly happy and present
zero risk of self ignition when I fill the fuel tank all the way to the top.
In fact, I can even let them set for months, un-attended, and self ignition
never happens.

Since we live in a world that places high value on "green energy" the
question is raised.
"How many green energy miles do you have to drive to offset the pollution
caused by a percentage of a particular electric car burning uncontrolled
after self ignition?"

Asking for a friend.