This Costco HP looks like my deal, but what options are there for internal
drives?  5400rpm HDD is not too attractive, but if I can add a M.2 SSD and
load the OS there, and keep the 1TB HDD for storage, I'd go for that.

It looks like this is an HP 470 G7 Notebook?

It also appears that Costco offers this version of the same laptop with an
M.2 drive but an AMD processor instead.

https://www.costco.com/.product.1493100.html

So, is there room for two internal drives, or so these different
motherboards have different internal drive arrangements?
Max
Charleston SC