Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:31:15 -0400
From: "BillR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT even further than usual - IPAQ 5455

Odd thing this.  Physically it seems fine, and the screen is where it should
be, but it just will not align properly and always fails that part of the
self test.  Some programs with options across the top cannot be accessed;
often you need to press outside of whatever spot you are supposed to press
to get a result.  Some other Items seem to work just as they should.  I
think it is electronic - have even resorted to a couple of firm taps from
the opposite direction of the way it smacked into the cement with no result
I could see.  The cost thing is something I fear is true, that to replace
would be cheaper than repair.  It does me no good as is, so am willing to
entrust it to someone with some interest or experience with these things.
BillR