Sounds like too much of a junker to mess with.  Check engine and low oil
light on before the no-start issue presented?  That doesn't inspire
confidence.  Water leak under the passenger side dash - maybe the AC
evaporator drain is plugged up?  Driver's side interior door handle broken
off (in a fit of rage when the car wouldn't start), another sign...
Max
Charleston SC