Catch the after Christmas sales and buy a bunch of 30 gallon plastic tubs
with lids. Make up labels that read "Christmas Decorations" and load the
parts in the tubs, snap the lids on them, and stack them neatly in the
garage. Number the tubs, and write up an inventory of parts in each tub, so
you can find them later...
Out of sight.. out of mind.