give him $500 and part it out.

On 5/13/06, Luther Gulseth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Just arrived home from the inspection.  Car is a dog (bet a 240D would
beat it off the line) and won't get out of it's own way.  It billows smoke
under acceleration (blue-grey smoke) and smokes at ilde.  Also, when it
first started up, it sounded worse than my 617's do and had what sounds
like an injector nailing.  The last work done before this started up was
R&R of the glow plugs at the local MB dealer.
The accel is funky, when it finally get's enough rpms to go (say 3000+)
and you start coasting or let completely off the accel, it will continue
to accelerate until you push the brake.  What gives with this?
Transmission shifts great between 1 and 2 but won't go higher than 2.  I
had it to 4500 rpm before I gave up and pulled over to turn around.
Shortly after I pulled over, the county sherriff stopped behind me asking
what was going on.  He gave me a "stopeed you and didn't issue a citation
or ticket" deal and politely stopped traffic and escorted me back to the
owner's house.
Interior/exterior are very clean and don't show the mileage of 235kmi.
Paint is black with bottom grey trim and is glossy and has very few minor
scratches that would buff/wax up very nicely.  Everything in the interior
(palomino leather) works except the passenger headrest.  Sunroof slides
and pops up very smoothly, all windows work, all switches work, gauges
work normally, trunk is clean.
Overall the car is very clean and sharp looking.  Any ideas what might be
up with the engine and trans?  What might this be worth in this
condition?  TIA all,

Luther

--
Luther   KB5QHU