Yesterday I was out doing errands (and filling up the ML500 at Costco, 17mpg on that half tank, I have been mostly good while driving it and not too exuberant) and saw 2 new Benzes, one a C43 AMG and another an A220 which was really tiny.  But the thing I mostly noticed being behind them was that the car is like 6ft wide and with the roll up to the cabin, you have like 4ft in there. There's a huge amount of width in the doors.  It looked stupid, and the people sitting in the front seats looked like they were in economy class on some cheap airline.

I had some temptation to engage in a speed contest with the C43 but I resisted.

--
--FT