Daniel Konow wrote:
Thanks list, my blower problem is gone after disconnecting the aux water pump. But the more important problem remains: blinker non op. I switched the hasard switch a couple of times and the blinker worked this morning. Then this afternoon no more. switched a zillion times but still not working (left and right) at all. Wonder if a new switch would do the trick?
  Thanks
Daniel
Zoltan Finks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Anytime I can actually add some information rather than requesting it, I do:
I can attest that the cycling the hazard switch works. It cured my blinker
problem.

Brian
83 240D

Daniel and Jim wrote:

Then sometimes, only the right side works and the
left not at all - and right now nothing works - no blinker what so
ever. Sometimes on a very rare but lucky day, the blinker actually
works - next day:

Cycle the hazard switch fifty billion times, maybe soaking it with
contact cleaner. They can also be removed, disassembled, and cleaned.

If it worked ONCE, then it's almost surely the switch. Once the switch actually breaks, you almost sure need to replace it if you want the turn signals to work RELIABLY!!! If it doesn't matter that they work reliably, then play more with the 19 year old switch. You MIGHT win.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)